The Playing Fields Committee was formed to oversee the management of the parks and playing fields that are key part of Ashton Keynes village life. Management of the playing fields ranges from ensuring the grass is cut to driving major improvements to the Bradstone pavilion.
There are 3 main areas in the village that fall under this committee
- The Lotts playground - A quiet park designed for younger children to have fun and learn new skills. The playground is away from roads and has a good range of play equipment from swings to slides.
- The High Road playing field - This offers a range of facilities including football pitches, tennis courts, football pavillion and a range play equipment. In addition there is the youth shelter which is an area designed to allow young people to meet.
- Recent improvements include:
- New play equipment has now been installed read more on this here
- Improvements to the football pavilion
- The Bradstone Pavilion - This is on the edge of the village and has a range of facilities including cricket pitch and cricket pavillion. This facility is also available for private hire and is often used by cycle clubs and other organisations.
- Improvements under consideration:
- Obtain funding to re-develop the Bradstone Pavilion to improve access and facilities
The members of the committee are
- Martin Young
- Barry Ellison
- Sam Crawford
- - Committee Chairman
- - Councillor
- - Councillor
Current topics of interest include
- Topic One Description of the topic
- Topic Two Description of the topic
- Topic Three Description of the topic
- Topic Four Description of the topic
- Topic Five Description of the topic
- Topic Six Description of the topic
- Topic Seven Description of the topic
- Topic Eight Description of the topic
- Topic Nine Description of the topic