The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has a number of underlying principles. These include that personal data:
- Must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- Is only used for a specific processing purpose that the data subject has been made aware of and no other, without further consent.
- Should be adequate, relevant and limited i.e. only the minimum amount of data should be kept for specific processing.
- Must be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- Should not be stored for longer than is necessary, and that storage is safe and secure.
- Should be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security and protection.
The procedures and policies that Ashton Keynes Parish Council adheres to, fully meets the above principles.
Learn more about the GDPR at https://gdpr-info.eu/